Introducing our Commercial Keg Washout Kit, an affordable solution that provides all the necessary equipment to effectively clean the beer lines, taps, and couplers of your kegerator. With this kit, you can maintain the freshness and quality of your beer on tap at all times.
Included in the kit:
Included in the kit:
- 10L PET King Keg
- A-type Spear for 10L King Keg
- D-type Spear for 10L King Keg
- 250g Alkaline Brewery Cleaner (ABC) Powder
- Start by disconnecting the keg coupler from the keg.
- If the beer lines are heavily soiled, rinse them with water to remove any visible debris. Ensure that the temperature of the water used for rinsing does not exceed 50°C inside the PET keg.
- Follow the dilution rates provided on the Alkaline Brewery Cleaner (ABC) packaging. Prepare at least 1L of cleaning solution for each beer line you wish to clean. Warm water will speed up the cleaning process, but remember not to exceed 50°C. Pour the cleaning solution into the washout keg and attach the appropriate spear type that matches your coupler.
- Connect the coupler to the washout keg and open the tap to allow approximately 200ml of cleaner to flow into a collection vessel. Close the tap and let the cleaning solution sit in the lines for a minimum of 15 minutes. For heavily soiled lines, it is recommended to leave the solution for an hour or more.
- If you have multiple lines to clean, disconnect the cleaning keg and repeat the process for each line. Take care to prevent the cleaning solution from draining out of the lines. If necessary, elevate the height of the coupler when disconnected.
- Repeat step 4 as needed to flush the lines with fresh cleaning solution and dislodge any stubborn residues.
- Flush out the remaining cleaning solution or empty it from the keg.
- Rinse the washout keg thoroughly with water to remove any traces of the cleaning solution. Fill the keg with a minimum of 500ml of water per line, and flush it through the beer lines to rinse out any remaining ABC.
- Disconnect the coupler from the washout keg and reconnect it to the beer keg.
- Sit back and enjoy the benefits of clean beer lines and freshly-poured beer!
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.