A. Temperature variances and compressor operating cycle
1. St=Set Point
The temperature you set, the set point, is the number that triggers the unit cools to, meaning the compressor will turn off when that set point is reached.
With that said, the fan near the already cold evaporator continues to move air across the evaporator for several minutes after the compressor stops. So the interior of the cabinet - particularly on the smaller units - will continue to drop, 1 or possibly 2 degrees.
2. rd = STANDARD differential
The trigger that tells the compressor to kick on is set in the internal programming, it requires a 2°C degree variation from the set point before it begins to cool. So, in your example, if the preset temperature is set to 15°C (ST=15), the compressor will not turn on until the actual temperature is 17°C degrees.
3. The sensors which provide the temperature reading are measuring AIR temperature. Please be aware, air temperature fluctuates much easier than LIQUID temperature, therefore even though you are seeing 2 or 3 degree temperature swings on the display, your wine is not experiencing such dramatic changes. Generally speaking, with a 2 degree air temperature change, the liquid change is probably about and less than 1 degree. You could put a sensor / probe inside a bottle and do a testing.
That is to say, if the actual temperature on display is 2 or 3°C degree differential, that's normal.
B. Ice up, temperature keeps going down lower than 0°C
If your fridge temperature keeps going down and then lower than zero, the controller is probably faulty and out of control. The solution is to replace the controller.
C. Fridge does not cool properly
If you are sure your fridge had cool functioning issue, the temperature is big different from preset value, then a troubleshooting diagnostic is necessary.
It is important that you provide the following information and documents, please send to email@example.com
- units model and serial number which is located at the back of the unit and also on the back of the manual.
- a copy of your sales receipt is required to verify the warranty of your unit.
- Troubleshooting diagnostic sheet
- Pictures with information on the controller display will be helpful
Troubleshooting diagnostic sheet
We are here to assist you in troubleshooting the unit and having it serviced. As protocol prior to having a technician take a look at the unit we do ask that you turn off the unit and unplug it for up to an hour. Once that is done plug the unit back in and turn on. Fill out the corresponding diagnostic sheet that pertains to your unit which you can find at the following link:
- Troubleshooting Diagnostic Sheet-Beverage Fridges
- Troubleshooting Diagnostic Sheet-Single Zone Wine Fridges
- Troubleshooting Diagnostic Sheet-Dual Zone Wine Fridges
The questionnaire asks to simply input the temperature as shown on the unit in increments of 15 minutes for up to an hour, the points are we need to know how the temperature changes and then we could get information for diagnosis.
By providing the requested information it will allow us to expedite the service process and help you continue enjoying your Kingsbottle unit. Thanks!